UTERINE FIBROIDS TREATMENT IN KENYA
27 Sep, 2022 1:01 PM
Dr Yamal Patel is a renowned Obstetrician and Gynaecologist in Nairobi, who specializes in diagnosis & Treatment of UTERINE FIBROIDS (also called leiomyomas) in Kenya. He offers a wide range of laparoscopic procedures including diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis, laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy, laparoscopic hysterectomy – the removal of tubes and ovaries, menstrual disorders and laparoscopic sterilization.
Dr Yamal Patel is proud of being able to provide not only the most up-to-date treatment choices that are backed up by the most recent evidence-based data but also, he strives to work in partnership with his patients to deliver a tailored, individualized and personal treatment plan.
Dr Yamal’s sub-specialties include:
• Laparoscopic treatment of endometriosis
• Endometrial ablation
• Laparoscopic sterilization (female contraception)
• Heavy periods
• Oophorectomy (ovary removal surgery)
• Total laparoscopic hysterectomy (womb removal)
• Hysteroscopy procedure
• Open abdominal hysterectomy
• Open ovarian cystectomy
• Diagnostic hysteroscopy
• Endometrial biopsy
• Hysteroscopic polypectomy
• Hysteroscopic resection of fibroids
• Investigations and Treatment of menstrual abnormalities
Highly experienced in UTERINE FIBROIDS and INFERTILITY MANAGEMENT, Dr Yamal personally attends to his patients at his clinic – DR YAMAL’S CLINIC – promoting a personal touch with his patients. This ensures he gets to know his patients on a personal level hence dedicating the most ideal treatment procedure that best suits them.
UTERINE FIBROIDS are benign (non cancerous) growths that occur within the smooth muscle of the uterus (the myometrium). Typically, UTERINE FIBROIDS are slow growing, benign tumors with the potential of causing pain and stress for women in their childbearing ages.
Our Fibroids treatment plan will depend on factors, including:
• How many fibroids you have
• The size of your fibroids
• Where your fibroids are located
• What symptoms you are experiencing related to the fibroids
• Your desire for pregnancy
• Your desire for uterine preservation
Who is at risk for uterine FIBROIDS?
There are several risk factors that can play a role in your chances of developing fibroids. These can include:
• Obesity and a higher body weight (more than 20% over the weight that's considered healthy for you)
• Family history of fibroids
• Not having children
• Early onset of menstruation (getting your period at a young age)
• Late age for menopause
Most FIBROIDS do not cause any symptoms and don’t require treatment other than regular observation by your healthcare provider.
• Excessive or painful bleeding during your period (menstruation)
• Bleeding between your periods
• Chronic vaginal discharge
• Irregular menstrual cycle
• Anemia (low blood count)
• Pelvic pain
• Pelvic or vaginal pressure
• Abdominal cramping
• Abdominal distention
• A feeling of fullness in your lower abdomen/bloating
• Frequent urination (this can happen when a fibroid puts pressure on your bladder)
• Pain during sex
• Low back pain
• Inability to urinate or completely empty your bladder
• Increased abdominal distention (enlargement), causing your abdomen to look pregnant
We offer advanced medical solutions to women suffering from uterine fibroids, endometriosis, total laparoscopic hysterectomy, complicated pregnancy and bad obstetric history conditions, fertility and infertility management, and adenomyiosis and pain condition.
It is important to talk to your healthcare provider about any medication you take. Always consult your doctor before starting a new medication to discuss any possible complications.
Dr Yamal's Clinic
Doctors Park, 4th Flr, Suite A4, 3rd Parklands Avenue, Parklands, Nairobi
Mobile: 0700 774013, 0728 111181, 0735 477069
Uterine Fibroids endometriosis laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy laparoscopic hysterectomy endometriosis laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy laparoscopic hysterectomy laparoscopic sterilization menstrual disorders Gynaecologist in Nairobi Obstetrician in Nairobi Dr Yamal's Clinic Woman wellness Nairobi Kenya