LAP PAEDIATRIC SURGERY WORKSHOP KENYA
09 Oct, 2023 12:56 PM
Laparoscopic Paediatric Surgery Workshop has been organized by 3RD PARK HOSPITAL and will be held from Oct 11 - 14, 2023 at 3rd Park Hospital, Park Medical Centre (PMC, Nairobi, Kenya.
LAP Paediatric Surgery Workshop offers educational, hands-on laparoscopy training experience for pediatric urology fellows from accredited programs. The course is a four -day program comprising of lectures and panel discussions followed by a dry hands-on skills lab. It also involves live model hands-on lab. As part of the course, fellows will have the opportunity to participate in a mentorship program where participants will be assigned to a faculty member who will offer mentorship on the fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery tasks.
At the conclusion of this activity, the trainees should be able to:
• To be able to understand Lap equipment, Instruments, settings, lap abdominal and inguinal anatomy
• To be able to understand the relevant anatomy through the scope
• To understand all basic aspects of ergonomics in lap
• To develop MIS skills
• Describe the indications/approaches of minimally invasive surgery for common and advanced pediatric urological pathologies.
• Demonstrate the essentials of core equipment used in laparoscopic (Pediatric) Urological surgery.
• Identify the different types of basic laparoscopic instruments and describe the advantages/disadvantages of each type.
• Demonstrate the setup and troubleshooting process of the basic laparoscopic equipment including insufflations, light source, laparoscopes, and video imaging (demonstrations).
• Describe the major complications of laparoscopic surgery and the management of those laparoscopic complications.
3rd Park Hospital welcomes you to LAP PAEDIATRIC SURGERY WORKSHOP to be held between 11th and 14t October, 2022, at the hospital in Nairobi, Kenya
Program Schedule for 11th – 12th October
• Demonstration of the camera and telescope
• Trouble shooting of camera and cart equipment
• Positioning and ergonomics
• Energy devise and Electro surgery
• Endoscopic staplers
• Roeder’s know and sliding knots
• Video demonstration
DRY LAB EXERCISES
• Camera Skills
• Tissue cutting skills
• Peg transfer
• Endo-loop placement
• Extra-corporeal suturing
• Intra-corporeal suturing
Program Schedule for 13th – 14th October
• Video demonstration
• Pig lab
• Undescended Testis
Obstetrics and Gynecologists
Obstetrics and Gynecology
3rd Park Hospital, Park Medical Centre (PMC), 9th Floor,
3rd Parklands Avenue, Nairobi, Kenya
Mobile: 0707 333 111, 0795 351 540
Email: [email protected]
Laparoscopic Paediatric Surgery Course Kenya Minimally Invasive Surgery Laparoscopic Surgery Tasks Advanced Pediatric Urological Pathologies Laparoscopes Energy Devise and Electro Surgery Endoscopic Staplers Roeder’s Know and Sliding Knots Cholecystectomy Undescended Tests Peg Transfer Endo-Loop Placement Extra-Corporeal Suturing Intra-Corporeal Suturing Dr Yamal Patel 3rd Park Hospital Kenya Nairobi