DENTAL IMAGING IN KENYA
15 Oct, 2023 1:27 PM
Dental Imaging – X-ray technology allows dentists to diagnose and treat dental problems not yet visible to the naked eye, including early tooth decay, gum disease, abscesses and abnormal growth. It is almost impossible to imagine the practice of dentistry without x-ray pictures (radiographs).This diagnostic tool has prevented untold suffering and saved countless teeth.
Dental X-Ray & Imaging Centre is among the leading Digital Dental Imaging Service Providers in Nairobi, Kenya. This digital x-ray technology uses a small electronic sensor placed in the mouth to capture an image, which can be called up instantly on a computer screen.
Benefits of Digital X-Rays
Besides minimizing radiation exposure, digital x-rays offer numerous advantages to dentists and patients alike. These include:
• No chemical processing & no waiting. Reduces waste and other harmful chemicals. Your dentist can immediately show you the pictures on a computer screen for easy viewing.
• Offers better & more reliable imaging results/picture. Digital x-rays enable our experienced provider to instantly detect abnormalities in teeth, gums, enamel as well as tumorous masses, cavities & hidden dental structures
• Easy sharing and storage. Digital x-rays provide a better visual aide for you, the patient, to understand your diagnosis and treatment options. They can be e-mailed to different locations; they are also far less likely to be misplaced.
• Exposes the patient to much less radiation than traditional X-rays
• Gray-scale resolution of 256 colors compared to 16 to 25 shades on conventional film, allowing for a more detailed, accurate analysis
• Immediately transfers images to a monitor so that the provider can review and explain the information to the patient
• Images can be enlarged, adjusted, and saved for future reference
• Offers the ability to digitally compare your X-rays with one another
Digital Imaging is the ability of the operator to post-process the image. Post-processing an image allows the operator to manipulate the pixel shades to correct image density and contrast. Images can be stored in a computer and can be viewable on the same computer screen or be printed on paper or film. The images can be viewed in more than one room and can be used in conjunction with pictures obtained with an optical camera to enhance your understanding of treatment.
For more information on dental imaging in Nairobi or to book an appointment, call Dental X-Ray & Imaging Centre
Dental X-Ray & Imaging Centre
Applewood Adams, 2nd Floor, Room 201, Adams Arcade, Ngong Road, Nairobi
Tel: 0716 512647, 020 2028126